A successful brand makes a habit of doing what unsuccessful brands can't do.Anon.
Industry setting for the BIW brand
The Bahrain Investment Wharf (BIW) brand is a strategic investment hub in the Kingdom of Bahrain. The area is geographically located close to the new international port as well as several key industrial locations such as HPC (Hidd Power Company). Bahrain Investment Wharf is envisioned to encourage business from all sectors but especially those from more industrial sectors or those requiring spacious, low cost, out-of-town locations. The company provides units for rent to FDI firms from around the globe as well as regional brands looking to take advantage of the Kingdoms port facilities and transport links and close proximity to KSA.
Challenges the BIW brand faced
BIW’s challenges were in credibility. It was aiming to attract high calibre inbound investors into the Kingdom but lacked a serious perception due to its identity, messaging and presentation. The brand strategy was essentially fit for purpose but the visualisation of it was distinctly local. The mark was difficult to apply due to its high vertical nature and the brand touch points felt disconnected to the overall vision of being the ‘Gateway to Business in the Gulf’.
The rebrand needed to:
- Review and consider if the existing strategic framework could support the brand and provide the right framework on which to develop an identity, messaging and communication
- Engage internal and external audiences in the possibilities offered by BIW which were hitherto unknown or not currently top of mind
- Create an impression to a global audience that BIW was a credible location for a professional organisation to base its Gulf-wide operations
The BIW brand Strategy
We researched the key market segments, audited the firm and ran workshops with the key stakeholders to best understand if the existing brand strategy would work or if a new strategy would be required. From our findings we advised the firm to retain the brand’s existing strategy as it would serve them well and provide the right support ongoing if the organisation employed the right identity for the brand.
Our strategy included:
- Market research into the facilities offered in the Kingdom and segments using them
- Internal stakeholder interviews to understand how the brand strategy was being lived or not
- A complete visual audit of the brand’s touch points
- With the transformation complete, all brand champions have rallied around the new brand aesthetics and the impact in the market has been keenly felt
- The rendering of a powerful partner brand for industry has helped consumers perceive BIW as being ‘a location they can trust’
- Brand re-launch has enjoyed positive reception by both the commercial and industrial communities in Bahrain and FDI investors alike
Strategy, Branding, Identity, Graphic Design, Vehicle Livery Design & Signage, Collateral.
Want to work with us on your branding project?