If you are going to create something that is truly a breakthrough you are going to have to rely on your intuition and your judgement.Wally Olins.
Not everyone appreciates Wally, but we do.
We are looking for a Senior Designer (Identity, Digital and Print, with a minimum 7 years experience) to join and lead our international award winning design team in our Bahrain studio. We are looking for a ballsy, big thinking graphic design hero who can kick the rear end out of any design brief and mentor their team into designer demigods.
Senior Designer Role Outline:
You are a natural team leader and design passionista. You will work directly with the CD to ensure the agency’s reputation for award winning and strategic creative work is maintained and improved.
Senior Designer Mission:
The mission for this role is to ensure the agency’s gold-plated reputation for strategic creativity is upheld and advanced while taking on core duties from the CD.
Senior Designer Competencies:
We are emptying a person who will have the following skills and competencies.
Web design skills:
- Understands web design process, UX, UI, responsive design,
- Can wireframe a website
- Knows how to work with a coder from briefing to style guides to motion
- Has deep understanding of Photoshop, smart objects, grids, export functions, animations
Print design skills:
- Understands print process, off set printing, foiling, print finishes, binding
- Understands pagination and content flow
- Has a clear methodology and approach to print design projects
- Has deep understanding of indesign, styles, shortcuts, master pages etc
- Understands how to create a presentation of their work, introduction, story, conclusions
- Can present to a client team at a senior level
- Knows how to handle difficult questions from clients
Team leadership skills:
- Can inspire, teach and mentor other creative team members to reach greater heights
- Able to evaluate their creative capabilities and outline focus areas for their professional development
- Will set and maintain high creative standards and works to improve team’s capabilities across all design disciplines
- Evaluate and constructively critique work, helping to craft work into on brief solutions but unafraid to reject ideas which are unpractical, unaligned to brief & brand
Self direction and motivational skills:
- Organised, self managed and directed
- Faithful, true to their word, grit, determination and persistent work ethic
- Proactive, Passion, Enthusiasm & Positivity
- Believes in brilliance, has high standards
Creative thinking skills:
- Originates ideas which are imaginative, strategic, aligned to requirements.
- Imaginative & resourceful, ‘owns the brief’, ensures they have end-to-end understanding of key requirements
- Clear minded, seeks clarity via clarification questions
- Productive and results focussed
Want to apply for this position? Please email your CV and portfolio with a cover letter to email@example.com (+973) 17558787